Monday, November 27, 2006

Ongoing dreams

I have many dreams that happen in episodes and unfolds like a drama. They do happen in courses of many different nights, with different story lines and in the same setting. The following is a post apocalyptic one. This time should be the third night I have the same dream in this setting, but a different character.

This time I am a girl around the age of 14 to 15 in a post apocalyptic world, but nobody knows why the world ended. There was only about 20% of the population left, maybe even less. Nobody understood whether it was wrath of God or a natural disaster. The world was torn, the world no longer works like how it naturally does now. There was a strange glow in the wind at night, the mountains around the houses I lived in were all bare, no vegetations whatsoever, and the color of it is a bit sandy, as if the mountains were piled up by sand from the beach. The government was not functional anymore due to the lack in membership at every level. Instead, it was replaced by a new oppressive government, which in attempt to figure out what went wrong, ordered everyone to remain home in the designated area and not to communicate with each other so that the state is not further aggravated. From time to time, the government will send out the new police to take people away or kill people on the spot for breaking the law.

There was this boy, aged around 15 to 16, who was my neighbor. We don't even know each other that well. There was this older, mysterious man who holds a strange book that glows with purple, and he seemed to know the secret inside, which is how the world ends. The old man had white hair with freckled skin. I felt like I could not trust the old man, but he seemed to hold the key information of what had happened. One time he warned me of the police coming, but in a malicious manner, as if he was smirking about the fact that the police was coming after me. Intuitively I felt like I had to run away or be killed. So I went home to get supplies for the escape, but the police was already coming for me and I could see them on the other side of the fence, however, they did not notice me. The neighbor pulled me underneath a bed, and tightened the bedding draping off the sides of the bed, which somehow made it appear that there was no space between the bed and the floor. I was suffocating and it was not just in dreams. There was a strong sense of anxiety as well. Then I woke up.

There was this part in the very beginning of the episode where I sneaked to a coffee place next to a river. Inside the shop it looked more like a theater. There were people there who gave me this woman's handbag made from paper. It is a trick handbag where there is a mechanism inside involving a sliding round razor which will begin rolling if the handbag was held at some point. As it slides past a certain point in the handbag, the friction will cause a spark, and the spark will ignite the bag, which in turn will burn the person holding it. Some people in the theater made me give it to an old lady that nobody liked for some reason. After 2 trials, we made the bag catch on fire and the old lady was too old and slow to reaction so she caught on fire and ran out screaming. Everyone else was laughing, but I felt really bad and sick to my stomach. The old lady seemed really benevolent to me.

No comments: